Call for Papers
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines. The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields. Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), Shanghai, China (2018), Kyoto, Japan (2019), and Busan, Korea (2020), the 2021 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2021) will be held in Bangkok, Thailand Jeju Island, Korea. The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2021 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2021 include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
• Machine learning and AI for big data
• Web search and information retrieval
• Models and tools for smart computing
• Cloud and grid computing for big data
• Security and privacy for big data
• Smart devices and hardware
• Big data applications, bioinformatics, multimedia, smartphones, etc.
• Tools and systems for big data
• Data mining, graph mining, and data science
• Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
• Big data analytics and social media
• Hardware software infrastructure for big data
• Mobile communications and networks
• Smart location-based services
Original papers that have not been published previously or are not under review in other journals or conferences will be considered. Papers must be formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings and submitted through EasyChair, http://www.easychair.org. The direct link for paper submission is https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigcomp2021. Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. BigComp2021 adopts double-blind review policy. Submissions must be properly anonymized, and lack of anonymization will result in a desk rejection.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings to be submitted to IEEE Xplore (pending), and a set of selected papers will be invited for possible publication to the following SCI(E) journals after further revision and extension:
• Journal of Supercomputing
• World Wide Web
• Data and Knowledge Engineering
• International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference to the authors of selected outstanding papers.
Important Dates (Timezone: AoE)
• Workshop proposal submission due: July 31, 2020 → Extend : August 14, 2020
• Tutorial proposal submission due: August 31, 2020
• Full/short paper submission due: August 31, 2020 → Extend : September 21, 2020
• Acceptance notification: November 9, 2020
• Camera-ready copies due: November 30, 2020
• Author registration due: December 7, 2020
• Early registration due: January 7, 2021
• Conference dates: January 17~20, 2021
ⓒ Copyright 2021 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Email: email@example.com | Fax: +82-2-521-1352 | Homepage: www.kiise.or.kr
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170